First pool first set of results

Salt is 3000 ppm :party:
FC-8.5
cc-0
TA-280 (I wiped the tip after everydrop just to make sure)
PH-7.8
CH-200
CYA-below 20 added the amount intex recommended.

So I know I need to get my TA and PH down ASAP. I have muriatic acid to do this but how much do I need to add? Also how long does it take to get an accurate reading for CYA? I added last night pool shock to get my FC up and started and HTH Stabilizer conditioner to the skimmer basket to bring up the CYA. Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated as well. Thanks

heyblmyers said:
Salt is 3000 ppm :party:
FC-8.5
cc-0
TA-280 (I wiped the tip after everydrop just to make sure)
PH-7.8
CH-200
CYA-below 20 added the amount intex recommended.

So I know I need to get my TA and PH down ASAP. I have muriatic acid to do this but how much do I need to add? Also how long does it take to get an accurate reading for CYA? I added last night pool shock to get my FC up and started and HTH Stabilizer conditioner to the skimmer basket to bring up the CYA. Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated as well. Thanks
Plug your numbers into Pool Calculator and let it do the math for you. Target 7.3 as your new pH; with your TA it will jump back up fairly quickly. Expect to need a good amount - several gallons - of acid over the next month or so until TA stabilizes.

CYA won't register for about a week.

Since you have a SWCG, you should start the TA lowering process described in Pool School.

Use the PoolCalculator.com to figure the muriatic acid dosees. Don't forget to put your TA in the calculator, as it will affect the calcs.

The CYA can take up to a week to register on the test, so don't waste your reagents testing too early. However, after the CYA is dissolved, assume it is in the water and adjust your FC levels accordingly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.