Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Checking in with levels

1. Back To Top    #1

Checking in with levels

Hi All,

Just checking in on my pool Chem levels.

We are keeping the the following levels.

FC 7ppm
    PH 7.5
    TA 120
    CH 250
    CYA 60
    CSI 0.05

The CH was down to 220 so I added Hardness increaser raised it up to 250. I see in the pool school CH levels from 250-350 in one place and 220-350 in another. Not sure which way to go. Right now in the last 4 weeks we have had the PH creep from 7.5 to 7.8 I put in the recommended amount of MA and it dropped back to 7.5.

From what I read the TA is a bit high, but with the PH pretty much staying where it is I think it is ok. Any opinions on that one?

I am back on the road for 2 weeks again and did some basic maint while home. I added a solar cover and a timer for the pump and heater. I pulled the filters and cleaned them both. Everything seemed to running great. My son and wife are doing a great job keeping things sparkly.

Thanks as usual!

Phil
    18,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool. Sta-rite cartridge filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II pump 1 1/2hp motor, Caretaker pool cleaner, Teledyne LAARS series 2 ESC natural gas heater 250,000 BTU. Solar Pool cover, Intermatic Timer with heater switch. Two very happy kids!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Checking in with levels

Your slightly high TA is causing your PH to rise. If that PH increase doesn't bother you then there is no rush on lowering TA.

Other than that, things are looking good.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason,

I can live with 20-30 oz of MA every couple of weeks.

So you think 250 is a good level for the CH? It is at the low side of the scale.

Thanks

Phil
    18,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool. Sta-rite cartridge filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II pump 1 1/2hp motor, Caretaker pool cleaner, Teledyne LAARS series 2 ESC natural gas heater 250,000 BTU. Solar Pool cover, Intermatic Timer with heater switch. Two very happy kids!

4. Back To Top    #4

250 is fine.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks