Broken weir flap, and my fix.

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
Since BBB is so incredibly boring. I mean crystal clear water all the time? Sooo boring... I decided to go out and break my weir flap so I'd have something to do.

I was removing the flap so I could get a magic eraser in the skimmer to clean the metal stains and I snapped off one of the little tabs. With the nearest pool store being thirty miles away and it was a Saturday and the temp is over ninety degrees, figured it wasn't worth a trip to a packed pool store. So into the garage to play MacGyver. I found a drawer full of zerk fittings, so I grabbed one along with my handy dandy putty epoxy and got to work. What I ended up with is this.
4a058201-972b-9385.jpg

About two hours later I was back up and running. Totally amazing what a difference that flap makes. I had crud all over the surface within those two hours. Was all cleaned up in about fifteen minutes after putting the flap back in.
4a058201-97c8-b672.jpg

Well, back to being bored with nothing to do but swim in a sparkly clear pool. Boring!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I settled on using the zerk fitting due to my laziness, plus it was way hot outside.
I originally grabbed some round stock the same size as the tab, but I would of had to cut it and file it and sand it and polish it and get it chromed and wax it. Did I mention it was hot out? So I started rummaging through the drawers to see if I could find anything else that was the same size and already cut to length, like a screw or something. I had a eureka moment when I opened the drawer with all the zerk fittings!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.