Not the first post I hoped for!

JV

May 3, 2012
After dealing with a new roof and major tree trimming this past week, I finally set my new intex 16x48 ultra frame pool up yesterday and put in about a foot of water before calling it a day.

Well guess what, I have a leak and finding it was quite easy. (see pic)

Bought the pool thru target when it was on sale back in the beginning of April so i know it's past the 30 day period and previous experience with Intex tells me i'm on my own. (Being a holiday I doubt anybody would answer the phone)

Will the patch work (should i drain the pool)?

I've learned alot reading these boards and am looking forward to contributing.
Just not the start I had in mind.

Thanks for any help.
JV

Attachments

• Pool leak.jpg
    Pool leak.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 174
From reading other peoples posts on this forum it's apparent that intex will eventually probably maybe replace your liner but only after you cut some large sections out and send them in and wait a bunch of weeks for them to decide. Other posters have had luck boxing everything back up and returning it to the store. I've often wondered how they get everything back into the box. That doesn't sound like much of an option for you now though. Lots of people have had great luck using underwater patches.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pool-Liner-Pa ... ct+Reviews

A small leak the very first time up doesn't seem to be uncommon. It happened with our first Index pool. If you have located it, it should be easy to fix. The patch works well under water, just make sure to line up the blue squares so its not noticeable.

Sorry to read of your troubles, especially since I think I'm putting our Ultra-frame up today too. I've read several posts in several places about these pools leaking right out of the box. None of my previous Intex pools ever had water leaks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.