Cleaning Anchor solid safety cover

Jul 3, 2007
Maryland
This is my first time opening the pool on my own. The company that I used over that past several years would clean the pool cover by spraying it with an unknown solution and then hosing it down before folding it up while still wet. What should I use to clean it? Is a pressure washer safe to use on it?

pressure washer is kinda rough, i'd be worried about pressure washing a hole into the cover
http://naturalchemistry.com/Pool_amp_Sp ... eaner.html
i've used that cover cleaner before and it worked in terms of unclogging drain panels full of pollen.

You really don't have the CLEAN them, if you just hose off the debris they will be fine too.

PS their special soultion could of been dish soap

Yeah I wouldnt trust a pressure washer near it.

What I do (err, my wife does) is hit it with a spray mixture of simple green heavily diluted with water. Mostly just to get the big junk off (bird poop, etc). A standard citrus based cleaner will work as well, nothing too strong is required really. (honestly NOTHING is required, just spray the junk off if you like)

Then we let it dry out in the sun/heat and as we are folding it up sprinkle some Borax into it....in this case Borax isnt to raise the pH, its to keep the insects away from it (since Borax actually does kill/detract ants and stuff).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.