Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Possible Liner Problem?

1. Back To Top    #1

Possible Liner Problem?

The DH decided to drain the pool this year to clean it because we don't have a winter cover and he doesn't close it properly. He was unable to finish before he had to go out of town. Therefore, it has been sitting with approx 1/2" of water in the corners for the past week and it will probably be next weekend before he gets home. Last week it was overcast and rainy, but since Friday , sunny and mid 80's. I am worried the liner will become dry and brittle from this exposure. Will it help any if I wet it down with the water hose during these sunny days, or is it unlikely that a couple of weeks will hurt it?
    16 x 32 AG Fanta Sea 13,500 gal/ Hayward Sand Filter/ 1 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump
    1 skimmer 1 main drain

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Possible Liner Problem?

I would get it filled back up ASAP. It can't be helpful having it sit empty.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Scoop as much stuff as you can out and then fill it back up. It's definitely not good for the liner to sit empty.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Possible Liner Problem? New pic added.

Thank you so much for your replies. I was physically unable to work on it before he got home. He finished yesterday and started refilling. We have a vacuum hose between the liner and wall, but the liner has pulled away from the wall at the bottom, especially the side the sun hits most. There is only approx 3" of water in it now. Is it too soon to tell, or is this a lost cause?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16 x 32 AG Fanta Sea 13,500 gal/ Hayward Sand Filter/ 1 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump
    1 skimmer 1 main drain

5. Back To Top    #5

The water will push the liner back to wall when filling up.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you again! The liner is against the wall now. Just one more question. The only difference I can see is the fact that the bottom seam is 1 ft up the wall on 3 sides, and on the floor on the above side. Is this going to be a problem?
    1 skimmer 1 main drain

7. Back To Top    #7

Fill'r Up&take a swim.....That's what happen's when you drain a pool..The liner could have shift'd.But, most likely it has been like that all along.Can't see how it could have moved that much&to be even on the other 3 side's.Other's would know more than me..I changed the last one out&said I will never do again..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit