Chlorine pucks (trichlor)

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I haven't found where yet so I'll just ask again.
Ideally, we would like to be able to add chlorine to our water without adding anything else. The pucks add CYA.
Can't someone make a trichlor puck with no CYA, calcium or anything else that accumulates in the pool water????? Isn't there some kind of binder that will hold chlorine but nothing else that effects the water?
Just curious as to why that can't be done? Is there a scientific reason or am I just stupid? lol.

There are no chlorine pucks that dissolve slowly that do not introduce cya into the pool when dissolving.

There are some calcium hypochlorite pucks I have heard about, but I think they require a special feeder since they tend to dissolve fast. They also introduce calcuim into the pool.

JasonLion had a good post on this: http://www.troublefreepool.com/3-chlorine-tabs-without-cya-t11712.html#p94102

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.