Brand new sand filter already in yellow after startup?

May 27, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have a brand new 2650 GPH sand filter, and I hooked it up to my ultraframe 16' round pool and its showing yellow in the gauge. Is this normal, or do I need to swap out my inlets and outlets? My previous system was a 1.5 inch tubing, Intex 1500 GPH Filter Pump. I also have a KK salt system.

Yes, I back washed until clear, and rinsed for one minute, as per Intex instructions; when setting up. I am just above the Yellow/Green line. I will try back washing again and rinsing. Additionally, WOW... this thing is powerful, and I don't have to clean a cartridge 3-5times a vacuum.

Yeah, it sounds like your filter is just doing what it is supposed to do....catch a lot of junk and keep it out of your pool.

That'll always make the pressure rise and backwashing is the answer. :lol:

I don't think the gauges are calibrated all that well on intex filters. You might not need to worry too much about starting in the yellow. My intex filter normally runs just into the yellow after a good backwash and rinse. I consider that the baseline. I backwash when the gauge goes well into the yellow and the pressure from the return is diminished. Works great :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.