What does rain do?

May 17, 2012
As I have said in other threads, my first 2 years of pool ownership were at the mercy of the pool store and their magical water analysis print-out and resulting shopping list. This year I have found this forum and am actually trying to figure out what each chemical does. Also, my pool is looking great this year due to the BBB program.

Our weather forecast says storms are on the way, so I am wondering what rain does to water chemistry?

Rain is generally PH neutral, but it causes a rise in PH in my pool by breaking the water surface much like a foutain or water feature would. Generally brings dirt along with the wind so I bump up FC in advance of it.

Depends on where you live. Some areas have more acidic rain. A lot of rain can sometimes marginally lower your pH and TA not enough to worry about tho. Usually there is more dirt and debris in the pool from the rain that is more of a headache than anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.