Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex sand filter back wash

1. Back To Top    #1

Sturgis, Michigan

Intex sand filter back wash

Ok so I have an intex sand filter SWG combo. where I connect a hose for the back wash the only hose that can attatch is one of the intake or return hoses i need to go about 50 ft.Do they make an adapter to hook up one of the flat back wash hoses? it is threaded and i want to use the flat hose for back washing any ideas would be appreciated
    AG 18'X52" round Ultra frame Intex 8961 gallons with sand filter and SWG 1600 gph also have TF-100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Phoenix, AZ

Re: Intex sand filter back wash

Found this article which might help:

Also, having a base model pool, I had to buy the Salt generator and sand filter. In those boxes come lots of adapter fittings, hoses, etc. What I do is connect: Waste->spare intex 1.5 hose(doesn't seal completly, but it does the job, only like 4 drops a min while back washing)
    ->spare intex plunger valve
    ->spare intex intake
    ->intex blue intake to skimmer converter thingy
    ->generic1.5 inch pool 32' hose X3
    This setup gives me about 100' of drainage tube.

But if you don't have alot of intex parts laying around. Just buy the right type of backwash hose(probably 1.5 inch). You buy it flat but you can streach it over fittings. A strong thick rubberband or tightly tied twine will hold it on.
    16'x48" Intex Ultraframe Pool, 5000 Gallon(54451EG)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Salt Water Chlorine Generator (54601E)
    Intex 2650 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump (56671EG)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Intex sand filter back wash

Quote Originally Posted by Evotistical
    A strong thick rubberband or tightly tied twine will hold it on.
    But a hose clamp will be more reliable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School