Pool wall problems

Aug 10, 2011
Hello,

I’m having problems with my pool wall. As you can see from the picture, the outside of the wall is delaminating and flaking off from the steel surface. The steel is starting to rust slightly in some spots.
You can also see the brown discoloration where the surface has delaminated but is still attached for now.
Any suggestions on what I can to stop it from spreading as well as repair the problem would be great.

Thank you.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCN0566.JPG
    DSCN0566.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 152
JasonLion said:
That looks like it is being cause by water accumulating in that area. If so, you could improve the drainage so water runs away from there.

Yeah, you're right. I've been able to solve what caused it, but unfortunately I don't know what to do for that area to fix it. I don't think I can just leave it as is, right? Without the coating, it'll eventually rust through. Can I get something to cover it with so it won't rust away? Are there any alternatives?

Thank you.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.