Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nature 2 and copper question.

1. Back To Top    #1

Nature 2 and copper question.

I used and used 20 ounces of an algeacide that contains 3.3% copper 10 days ago.
    Will I be able to use my Nature 2 cartridge this year, and if so, when? The literature that come with the cartridge states that copper
    renders it useless. I am unsure if the copper will remain in my water or if it is filtered out after a period of time.
    Thanks for your replies!
    This site is awesome!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Nature 2 and copper question.

It will be difficult for yuo to find anyone on this forum that will say it is a good idea to use either one of them.

Copper is prone to terrible stains and nature2 is pricey and needs chlorine supplement anyway so why use it?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

The copper will stay in the water, with the level going down very slowly over time as you lose water to splash out, backwashing, and/or winterizing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I am recovering from a very unpleasant visit to the pool store. It was the first time in 5 years I have resorted to using them. And....probably my last.