Gulfport, MS
Pool has been running for 3 days now. Here are my numbers:

FC- 3.2
CC-0
pH-7.0
TA-110
CH-N/A
CYA-30

The pool is in FULL sun all day. I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and it's HOT :? I have lowered my pH and TA with muratic acid, but the TA keeps creeping back up by the time the pH gets back to 7.4. I have aerated the pool and the kids swim all the time. What direction do I go to keep the TA down?

Just keep adding acid to keep the pH in range. Eventually things will settle down. You probably have high TA fill water, so every time you top off, things get worse.

More pressing is the low CYA, if it's in the sun all day. You ought to get that up to 50, you'll lose less chlorine that way.

Pool is up to week and running now. The water test as nearly prefect, but looks like it still has a hint of yellowish in it...Sand maybe because of the new filter set-up?

Anyway here are the numbers from last night:

FC-4 (losing roughly 2-3ppm daily) added a gal of bleach to come up to 7.0 again. (Adding a gal of bleach a day roughly too) :shock:
CC-0
pH-7.6
TA-90
CYA-60

When underwater at one side of the pool, you can just barely see the other side 30' feet away. Looks kinda brownis/yellowish. But standing up looking down the water looks clear :? I have passed the OCLT too :-D

Bama Rambler said:
Do you have metals in your water? That causes transparent colored water.

Ummm..not sure..Can you test for metals? I know of this stuff:

ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar products, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

Bama Rambler said:
Most pool stores can test for metals.

Do you get your water from a well or a public water source?
If from a public source you can get a water report and it'll be listed if it's in the water.

It was from the public water. Just ran my garden hose in the pool and filled it out from the backyard house hose facuet.

I would assume so too. Gulfport prides themselves with clean drinking water I guess...not sure how clean though :lol: It almost seems like sand is getting blown in the pool from the filter :? I will take a pic of the ladder ing the pool...The top 3/4 of the ladder in the water looks bright white as to tell me the water is really clear, but the bottom step or two has a tellow look to it, as to say the bottoam half of the pool is yellowish :?

Also, I have not brushed the pool at all after inital set-up and I do have an automactic cleaner (Barracuda Wahoo) but I have put it in once for about 2 hrs. :oops:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.