which liner?

Jeff74

Mar 10, 2010
Huntington, WV
We are having to bite the bullet this week. After only 2 seasons, we are needing to get a new liner due to some faulty construction, but that is another thread (trust me). Anyways, we need to get a liner. I see 25 and 20 gauge, 25 being thicker, but is it really necessary? If shopping online, who has the best prices for liners and what should I expect to pay?

We currently have the boulder (not sure if it is 20 or 25 gauge):

http://www.amazon.com/24-ft-Round-Overl ... 004R47NCS/

and I have also seen another one:

http://www.amazon.com/24-ft-Round-Overl ... 0037TSGSO/

These are roughly the same price, but one is 25 and the other 20. Any reason why this is? Is it just because of the print? And these prices are much better than the actual website for In the Swim.

Hi Jeff! I saw your post and realized a new liner might be needed...BUT I wanted to pass along a little advice I received that worked for me. Our 24' Intex Metal Frame ended up being ripped right down the seam (major manufacturer defect) and was 3 feet in length. I knew a new liner from Intex was 500...and a new pool 1300 and really didn't want to be out all that money again. So...we purchased fishing line (Fireline clear brand...avail. at Walmart/Amazon, etc). I also bought a kit of assorted-sized needles off Amazon (the fireline was just a tad thicker than thread). The other thing you'll need is a good pool patch kit (I bought one called Hydrotools Swimline repair kit from Amazon). You basically sew the ripped area really well in small stitches and then brush those stitches with the patch glue. Next, carefully brush on the patch adhesive and apply patches to both the front AND the outside of the pool. Then for added measure, you can add a bit more glue around the patch edges. This fix ended up costing me 47.00 and that was with overnight shipping from Amazon. I was relieved and thrilled and thought I'd pass it along.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.