Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High FC and TC: Is this a problem?

1. Back To Top    #1

High FC and TC: Is this a problem?

I have a new variable speed pump (which I love due to drastic improvement in electric bills) and I run it for ten hours at 1500rpm. I also have my SWG on for ten hours and it is set at 20%. I always have high FC (usually 10-15). All other tests are normal and my water is crystal clear. I can get the FC/TC down if I set my SWG to zero for a day or two. But should I care? Here are my numbers using the TF-100:

FC: 13
    CC: 00
    TC: 13

PH: 7.6
    T/A: 110
    CH: 200
    CYA: 60
    TEMP: 88
    SAND FILTER PSI: 5

POOL LOAD LOW: usually me and the wifey

Your opinions greatly appreciated![attachment=0:1rdj6mrz]pool2may2012.JPG[/attachment:1rdj6mrz]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Moyer
    CWO4 USN (Ret)
    Pensacola, FL
    10k gallon 12x24 in ground pool built 2008, vinyl, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Intelliflo v/s pump, Hayward sand filter. Using the BBB method.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: High FC and TC: Is this a problem?

Can't you simply adjust the time on the SWG or the percent?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

duraleigh, the IC-40 without an automation system can only be adjusted in steps of 20%.

You have a couple of choices. You can live with the somewhat too high FC level, you can get a Pentair branded automation system so you can adjust the percentage in 1% steps, you can shorten the pump run time, or you can get a separate timer and have it turn off the SWG for part of the time the pump is running.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

duraleigh, the IC-40 without an automation system can only be adjusted in steps of 20%.
    I've seen that before and should have remembered
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Guess I'll just set my timer to run the SWG for 8 hours instead of 10 and see what happens. I think I still need to run the pump for 10 hours since I run it at such a low rpm. Not wanting to invest in an automation system at this time...Thanks for all the comments.
    Bill Moyer
    CWO4 USN (Ret)
    Pensacola, FL
    10k gallon 12x24 in ground pool built 2008, vinyl, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Intelliflo v/s pump, Hayward sand filter. Using the BBB method.