Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner

Ok, I have a gusher . Found a BIG hole in liner then all of a sudden it was like the a white water rapids under my deck. Where is the best place to buy a liner and what gauge would be best? Any do' and dont's? Guess 10 years for the liner was not to bad. Then I have to find someone local to install. Looks like no swimming for the holiday Any help on liner info would be appreciated.
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner

Check with the installer first. Some of them will not install it unless you buy it from them or the company they contract with. Do you know what caused the liner to break?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

yeah, make sure there is nothing sharp in the area of the hole so your new liner doesn't fall prey to the same problem. May just be the age/condition of the liner, or maybe something cut/pierced it.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Do not know what caused the hole/tear. There is nothing sharp there and it is not where the steps sit. I figure it is just the age of the liner. It is right where the floor curves up the wall. Any suggestions on the gauge of liner to get?

5. Back To Top    #5

I think somewhere in the 22-24 gauge is good.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I am going through the same thing. I have found lots of different 20 gauge, but limited 25 gauge. I went with the 20 gauge. Is installing it something that most people can tackle or should I call someone? What is a good price for paying someone to do it?
    24' AGP
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump
    Hayward Pro Series S180T 150lb sand filter
    Intex 54601EG Krystal Clear SWG
    Diver Dave pool cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Installing an aboveground pool liner is pretty easy. A good shop vac and a couple of helpers is a must.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff74
    I am going through the same thing. I have found lots of different 20 gauge, but limited 25 gauge. I went with the 20 gauge. Is installing it something that most people can tackle or should I call someone? What is a good price for paying someone to do it?
    Jeff I am a pretty good DIYER but I am letting someone else install mine. He is doing it for $400.00 for the liner and $50.00 for the Gorilla bottom.