Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pool pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pool pump

Hi all new to forum.
    Just bought an intex 18x48 ultra frame pool and before setup was going to do an in wall skimmer and sand pump.
    Question i have is which sand pump should i go with i see intex has a 1600gph sand pump for around $160 and a 2650gph sand pump for about $220.
    Is the 2650 overkill for this pool?
    had an 15x48 last year with a 2500 cartrige filter pump didn't like the results to much.
    Thanks Chris
    30x14 vinyl 12,500 gal irregular,progrid DE filter, 1 hp hayward pump, 200k btu heater natural gas,aquarite SWG. live in NYC

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Intex pool pump

Bigger is better, especially if you have a lot of trees that will be dropping debris in your pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tecumseh, OK

Re: Intex pool pump

Get the 2650 one. You won't regret it! Especially if you plan on doing the skimmer mod and or adding a fountain you will want the extra water flow the larger one produces plus it'll filter a lot better.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -