which version of the truth is true???

May 25, 2012
Northern New Jersey
what a helpful site - newbie here - I ran a test a little while ago....TF-100 test kit vs. test strip, vs. pool store - here are the results.

chemical.......TF100 (7:00 AM).....TF100 (noon).....test strip(noon).....Pool store (11:30AM)
FC..................13.......................11.5.....................5+........................5.8
CC.................0.5...........................0.....................N/A.........................0
PH.................7.2.........................7.2.....................7.2.......................7.4
TA.................260........................290....................240.......................110
CH.................220........................220 ...................N/A.......................160
CYA.................30.........................30......................30.........................55
Copper............N/A........................N/A....................N/A......................0.17

Pool has been uncovered since 7:00 AM
sunny day here about 84 degrees approaching 1:00 PM
water temperature is 78-80 degress (electric heater)
when pool water was tested at store, it was measured at 66 degrees
I'm interested in know why test strip and pool store do not corroborate TF 100 test - does that make sense?
massive difference in TA...anybody have theories on why?
pretty big difference in CYA also, any takers on guessing why?
Pool store says copper of 0.17 is very low, and not to worry about it - do TFP agree?
Pool store test equipment was some laser thing that sent light though a vial and gave a reading on their computer, which he gave me a printout.

I haven't even glanced at the results you posted but I know the answer....

Always, always trust your own testing. Strips are completely unreliable and pool stores often can be, too.

Your own testing with a good drops based kit will help you learn more and manage your pool water in a manner you that you simply cannotobtain with strips or pool store testing.

Yeah, I know I am prejudice, but this stuff works! :lol:

Well.............I have a pool store 2 blocks away and a quarter mile away. The difference in drive time shouldn't have yiellded a CYA test of 25 at one and 70 at the other. You think? TF-100 says 40. Guess which one I use!

You're right, it wasn't drive time. This is new to you, but we go through this many, many times every year. Take a moment and look for the "Google search" box at the very bottom left of this page, and do a search for "trust your own testing". Should make for some enlightening and entertaining reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.