Can I start adding Borax?

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
here are today's test results with TF 100......

FC 4.5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 90
CYA 70 (measured yesterday, added necessary amount to sock in skimmer and ordering more cya reagent)
Water temp 82

Yesterday I added MA per the pool calculator because TA was 110 and PH was 7.8

I'm hoping I'm doing this right. I found this site last summer after pool was installed and have never even been in a pool store (thanks to the education and help here).
I added Borax last summer with good results (I thought as a complete newby) and want to again, but it seems that my TA and PH aren't perfect right now. Do I need to get these perfect before adding Borax and adjusting with MA?

28000 gal vinyl lined swg.

No, they don't need to be perfect, but it helps if they are about right. You aren't too far off, you could adjust TA down a little more, or go ahead and add borates now.

Remember that there will still be borates in the water from last year, unless you did a complete water replacement, so you will only need to top off the borate level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.