Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand in sight glass....

1. Back To Top    #1

Sand in sight glass....

I have a buddy who replaced his sand in filter before I could get over there to help him,and now he has a little bit of sand in sight glass with system running on filter......I backwashed a few times and won't blow sand out. does anyone think there is a leak,break in laterals or pvc pipe isn't all the way up in the multivalve?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Sand in sight glass....

That shouldn't be a problem. Every now and then you get a little sand coming out of the filter when you backwash. Some of that sand could easily have gotten into the sight glass.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Jamestown, ND

That happens to me and I just do a rinse a couple of times and it cleans the sand out of everything properly.
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool:

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tecumseh, OK

I usually have a tiny amount of sand (a few grains) in my sight glass after back washing.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -