Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pilot plumbing questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Milford, CT

Pool Pilot plumbing questions

I notice the manual of the Pool Pilot digital says the manifold uses 2" plumbing. Currently I have 1.5" on my return side.

Also noticed AutoPilot sells manifold union kits, one of which seems to be a 2" to 1.5" reducing union. Does this mean I can use the setup with 1.5" plumbing?

Would it be worth it to convert my return plumbing to 2"? (Obviously Im talking only at the equipment pad, not underground)

I have 2 separate returns, fed off a Jandy 3 way valve. The Jandy CAN take a 2" inlet, right now Im only sending it 1.5"

Thanks in advance.

22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Pilot plumbing questions

It is very easy to use an AutoPilot manifold with 1.5" plumbing, all you need are a pair of 1.5" to 2" adapters and two short sections of 2" pipe. There are some advantages to switching your plumbing to 2", at least in the area you are going to have to work on anyway, but it isn't required.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School