Hello new to this forum and need some help.

May 26, 2012
I just installed a Hayward H100iD1 heater imn my 15x30 pool. Natural gas connection. Its turned on but water doesnt seem to be hot coming out . Its warm. What could be wrong? It has been on for about 4hrs and water temp still at 72. Please need your help my kids are dying to get in soon. JOE

Welcome to TFP!

Swimming pools require immense amounts of heat, more than an entire house uses in the winter. You have a fairly small heater on a fair sized pool. It is going to take a while to come up to temperature, think a day or two rather than hours. Do you have a solar cover? That will reduce the heat loss at night, helping to speed up the process.

Leaving the heater and pump on overnight is fine.

We commonly recommend getting a 400,000 BTU heater if you possibly can. Smaller heaters can work well when you are maintaining a temperature all the time, but for raising the temperature any significant amount you want the largest heater you can get/afford/have room for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.