Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to keep power cords. Safe from lawn mowers

1. Back To Top    #1

How to keep power cords. Safe from lawn mowers

So I am wondering what others have done to keep the cords safe from being tripped over or mowed over? We have a very tiny yard and where very limited to where we could put our pool and now the cords have about one yard from pool to outlet just laying on top of the grass. I read in the manual your not to bury them, so what do I do?
    Above Ground Intex 18'X9'X54" Ultra frame rectangular Pool. Intex filter pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. Solar Pool Cover.Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to keep power cords. Safe from lawn mowers

Mine just lays across the grass. The outlet (GFCI <- Very important) is up on the deck so the cord is run down one side and then over to the pump cord. It's not the best setup but it will have to do until we get our permanent pool. I do all the yard work so it's pretty easy for me to remember where it is, I just unplug the pump when I get to the backyard and plug it back in once I'm done with everything.
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

I unplug it and move it when I mow. I'm going to make a makeshift overhead run next weekend that ill use for the season. Next season I'm going to trench out the yard and bury conduit to run the electric wires through.
    18' X 48" Intex Ultra Frame 6,400 gallons, Jacuzzi 90# Sand Filter, Jacuzzi 1HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your tips, think I will be looking into the conduit and going that route, as soon as we have the chance, if I'm lucky maybe by next weekend. Thanks again.
    Above Ground Intex 18'X9'X54" Ultra frame rectangular Pool. Intex filter pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. Solar Pool Cover.Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System.

5. Back To Top    #5

For the main walkway, I use "FDA approved" Clear Vinyl Tubing I got from lowes,cut it down the middle, squeeze the cables in, and bury what is normally walked on. Anything that will protect it from rocks will work, they are already waterproof. Although this most likely wont work for "code", if your looking to be on the up and up. But even if you use conduit, and you don't look up what the "code" is for swimming pool and electricity, you may already be breaking laws.
    16'x48" Intex Ultraframe Pool, 5000 Gallon(54451EG)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Salt Water Chlorine Generator (54601E)
    Intex 2650 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump (56671EG)