Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Hayward heater error code

Hayward heater error code

Hello,

Have viewed site for a few years and decided to join so i can ask questions instead of looking for posts with similar problems I'm experiencing.

Opened pool last Saturday and heater showed LO error Code. Pool service company couldn't get it going referred me to heating company. Had to replace water pressure switch.

Today heater starts up ignites and then i get SB error code. Heater is running but can't use keypad.

Any advice or ideas are appreciated. I am pretty handy and can repair and troubleshoot if pointed in right direction.

Thanks
    30x14 vinyl 12,500 gal irregular,progrid DE filter, 1 hp hayward pump, 200k btu heater natural gas,aquarite SWG. live in NYC

Re: Hayward heater error code

SB stands for stuck button. Per the manual "If one of the keypad buttons is closed (or pressed) for more than 30 seconds the error code will be displayed but the control will continue to function. The error code will be cleared when the condition is corrected."

FYI: Correcting the problem may require replacing the key panel which is very simple.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec pool/spa,Pentair Intelliflo VS, 2 hp Super II pump (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Solar heating