What happened to my levels arg

Opened pool 3 weeks levels were fine over night lost 1 fc a night.. I didn't run the pump 12hrs a day maybe 4 hrs. I know it was too low... Anyways this brings me to Wednesday. Took cover off cloudy deep end. Unable to see the drain. Tested water no fc.

Weds night added 1 bottle clorox 6% fc=2.5 5:15pm. Brushed vacuumed. Alot of bird poop everywhere. Tested at 7:15 fc = 1. Added 550 grams of hth granulated chlorine and 1 bottle of 5.13 liters chlorine
9:15 pm fc=6.5. I was expecting way higher. Added 1 and 1/2bottle clorox
10:05 fc =8.5. Added 600 grams granular hth chlorine

Thrus morning 645 fc = 11.5
Added 375grams hth
Brushed still cloudy
5 pm fc = 7.5. pH is 7.6 7.8 added 1 bottle chlorine

Friday 8 am fc = 7
Added 500 grams hth

2pm fc= 7
Added 1 bottle

645 pm 9fc added 2 bottles.
The water is super clear. pH looks like it's 8 now
Added some muriatic acid approx 100ml

Not surewhat to do cKeep adding clorox? A bottle is $5 each.

Do u guys thinkthe bird poop caused the problem or the lack of circulation?

Pool is 75000 liters
I've had the pump on low since Wednesday
Leaving it on high tonight

Ch was 20 drops of the Taylor k2006 kit
Ta was 200
Cc = 0
Cya = less than 25 I added some Wednesday night to raise it at least 10

Am I not shocking it high enough?

Do you use the cover all the time, or nearly all the time? Also, can you describe what the water looks like? Is it cloudy or murky, white or gray or green, can you still see the bottom in the shallow end? And finally, how has your filter been behaving, has the pressure been going up, have you needed to backwash/clean it recently?

This year use my brand new cover all week and I took it off on the weekend.
I installed a new Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump so I'm not sure how the psi should be reading.

On high its reading 17psi. I backwashed and it read 16psi water was quite white through the siht glass on the sand filter.

But like I was saying i've been running on low speed which runs at 3psi/4psi

The water now is crystal clear everywhere, but on Wednesday it was slight green / cloudy only at the deep end.

Thanks!

So i've been reading this site like crazy but i'm still unable to get my pool to stabilize chlorine usage..

Here are some readings. I started the shocking process on wednesday.
It's been approx 28 c for weather. No rain for the whole week.
Pool temp water has been 20-22 c

Sunday
8am
FC = 10.5
PH = 8 or over
CC = .5
So i added 1 clorox container 5.13L %6 & 300 grams granular chlorine

12:30 pm
FC = 12
added 1 clorox container 5.13 L

5:00 pm
FC = 11
added 2 bottles of Great Value %4 bleach. This was the only stuff i could purchase on a sunday.

7:00 pm
1 old bottle of clorox
I didn't test since i'm running low on reagents

Monday
7:30 am
FC = 15.5
PH=8 +

6:45 pm
FC = 9
added 1 clorox %6 and 1 great value %4
I also added muriatic acid to lower my ph. I added 1.3 L

Tuesday morning
7:00 am
FC=11
CC=.5
Added 1.125L of 16% liquid chlorine from my pool store.

i'm ready to fill this pool in with dirt.. :hammer:

Do i continue to add bleach? do i leave my pump on low speed?
I've been brushing the sides every day, and also vacuuming every day. I've been spending more time loving the pool rather than my family :(
I backwashed my filter this morning, and it didn't look like the psi dropped at all.
I looked through the sight glass and it was cloudy for 1 min or so..

I also have cya disolving in the pool since wednesday. I put it in a clorox container and left it at the bottom of the shallow end to disolve... this morning i just dumped it in the skimmer. I'm not sure if that was a wise move.

Also, i asked my pool supply guy for reagents .. i have the taylor k200x kit, and i need the fas dpd liquid R-070, but my local guy doesn't carry that. He says he carries test 1 and test 2 for chlorine.. I'm not sure what to buy? 1 & 2?

I also asked my pool guy to test my water, and i'm hoping he'll tell me my CYA levels, since i was reading less than 25.

The water is clear.

Any comments are appreciated!

Take a deep breath and relax. You are doing just fine. Some of this takes a little while, which is completely normal.

The first thing to do is to allow the FC level to go below 10 and then adjust your PH down to 7.5. THen, if you still have enough reagent left, do an overnight FC loss test tonight.

Meanwhile, can you describe how the water looks today?

For replacement reagents, I suggest you order over the Internet. If you order from TFTestKits you can probably have them by Thursday. In the mean time you can get by with an OTO chlorine test (drops turn the sample some shade of yellow which is compared to color samples) if you need to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.