Need advice RE buying in-ground stairs for an older pool

May 22, 2011
Considering purchasing a ready-made set of stairs for our pool so that the grandparents, dog, and little visitors have an easier time getting out. Wondering if anyone has experience with them, good or bad. In particular, the sets I'm looking at state the height to be 36", and I measure 50" from pool bottom to deck in our shallow end. That means the last step would be 15"----might be a doozie???

Also wondering if they become algae havens underneath/behind. Tx for any input anyone might have.

I have a set of drop in steps in my pool (can be seen in my user photo), the brand name is Oasis, they are white blow molded plastic with stainless steel handrails, and were installed around 7-8 years ago, overall they seem to be holding up good. My only complaint is they don't feel solid in much the same way cheep plastic lawn furniture does not feel solid. ( my only problem is the second step insert had a problem with floating so I ended up addding some gravel balast to it, since then everything has been good).

Thanks Isaac!
I like the stainless steel rails much better than the plastic I've seen.......and if I can bug you with two more questions:
1) how deep (floor to deck) is your shallow end
2) I don't have a smooth coping, but a concrete cap that juts out from the wall about 2 inches. Would the stabilizer bars that sit on deck accommodate that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.