Source of muriatic acid?

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
I saw that lowes carries it and one of the uses says to lower ph in swimming pools but then one of the reviews says that it has ingredients other than muriatic acid and shouldn't be used

is lowes muriatic acid ok??

does wally world carry it? pool stores?

What is the best way to add it?? I read not to add it to the skimmer.

I added my stabilizer and borax using a sock in front of a return

I have been adding my bleach into the skimmer .... ok??

Is there a sticky with the correct instructions for all of the different chemicals? .. i thought i saw one during the many hours i have spent reading the various posts on here and learning but i searched and couldn't find it

what is the impact of too high a ph level?

Pour slowly in front of a return jet while the pump is running. Remove the sock temporarily while doing this. You can put it back directly afterwards.

We don't recommend adding anything through the skimmer, though muriatic acid is the only thing that is known to cause damage for sure.

There is lots of info in Pool School. I suggest reading Recommended Pool Chemicals.

High PH can lead to calcium scaling (if TA and/or CH are also high) and metal stains. If the PH is high enough (unlikely) it can interfere with chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.