First post this pool season, so Hi to everyone!
We opened up our pool last Sunday to a green swamp. We built the pool last year so this was our first opening. When the pool company came for their 'free' closing that was included in our build package my husband saw that they did nothing to clean the pool...their excuse was that they could not find our skimmer (all they had to do was look at the deck to see it was right there ) Anyways, we figured we would be opening up to a mess, and we did. So we started shocking right away on Monday afternoon (I had to run out and buy some more bleach).
So here we are 6 days later and our water is still cloudy. We passed the Overnight test this morning and have 0 CCs. My husband is out cleaning our filter right now, and we have brushed/vacuumed twice a day the entire week.
You can see the drains in the bottom, but it is just not sparkling like it was last year. A friend was over yesterday and she commented that it looked fine, but then again she is used to swimming in her community pool, which never is sparkling!
Test Results at 6am:
We tested around 2:00 and FC is down to 8.5, but it is a very sunny day here so thinking that is the reason. Questions are:
1. Do we still need to keep at shock level even though FC dropped from 11 to 8.5 today
2. If we don't have to keep it at shock level, is it OK to turn on the SWG at this point
3. What else can we do to clear up our cloudy water?
Thanks for the help!