New Member - First Test with TF-100

Wicked

May 19, 2012
Hi everyone - This is my first official post (besides my intro post. I received my TF kit last week and had the filter run over night and took a samplea nd here are my results:

SALT: 3000 PPM
CYA: 50
FC 2.5ppm
PH: 7.8-8.0
Cal: 430ppm
TA: 90

CL on the k1000 test kit was about at the 5

Quick background - I am a first time pool owner (5 months) recently I installed a VS FLO Pro pump, new aquapure SWG and power center and upgrade my RS8 aqualink to the iAqualink. I just got salt up from 1500 to 3000ppm (there was a hayward turbo 15 on there before but cell was about 6 years old).

I havent kick the SWG on yet as I wanted to post my results first. Should I "boost" my SWG? Add any large amount of bleach? Is my PH to high and need to add acid?

Any help would be appreciated - the details on my pool should be in my signature. Let me know if I am missing anything!

PS: one thing to note I do use a solar blanket and its always on unless pool is in use.

Thanks!

I recommend lowering your PH to 7.2 and starting to raise CYA to the 70 to 80 range. The PH will come back up on it's own.

There is no need to shock, or boost, just pay attention to your FC level for the first several days and add chlorine manually as needed until you get the SWG percentage setup and everything is stable.

Should I float chlorine to raise CYA? It's interesting that my last CYA AR Leslie was 100ppm. That was 3 weeks ago. Only variable that's changed is adding 500 gallon water and a brief rain yesterday. Could that have lowered it that much or is Leslie that wrong? I have been floating CL tabs for about 5 months but stopped once SWG was installed.

So no acid for PH? Just let it come down naturally?

Where should my FC be ideally? If I need to raise it - what's best?

Any thoughts in what % to put my new SWG on?

Thanks again!

Usually only splashout or pool draining will lower CYA. You might try testing again. Then dump the test back into the squeeze bottle, and do it again. It takes a little practice. Also, look to see what your CC level is so you know for sure that CCs are not too high.

You can float tabs if you have them, it will just take a while to get the level up. But now that you have a SWCG, you won't need those tabs anymore, so you might as well use them.

Thanks. I ran the test according to directions and CC came up as zero

i ran the CYA test twice and confirmed results both times. Besides the ran - as I mentioned I dumped about 500 gal and replaced it with fresh. I change a light in the spa and decided to drain it to do the work since it was my first time - also knowing leslie had my CYA so high i figured replacing 500 gal wouldnt hurt :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.