Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool liner coming away from the wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool liner coming away from the wall

Apparently I didn't get the bead in my liner all the way in on my sidewall. Does anyone know if I can get this back in without draining down the pool?[attachment=0:mp70mrj5]IMG-20120526-00014.jpg[/attachment:mp70mrj5]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Pool liner coming away from the wall

That's gonna be tuff to get that much stretch outta that small amount of exposed liner. I'd try dropping level a foot at a time on a hot day.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool liner coming away from the wall

Yes, that can be fixed, though it is a bit on the physically challenging side. You need to pull the liner up and force the edge into the liner track and then lock it in place with some liner lock (pennies often work, but real liner lock is better). This is much easier to do on a nice hot sunny day with the sun shining directly on the liner and the water warm. The liner has some stretch to it, especially when it is warm, which makes this possible. Still, threading the final little bit of edge into the track without much of anything to hold onto/pull on can be tricky and requires some dexterity.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School