Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bbb opening 24round 48"

1. Back To Top    #1

bbb opening 24round 48"

i switched to bbb and thanks to this site we enjoyed a full and enjoyable summer in the pool instead of all the head scratching with BAQUTRASH we couldnt believe the ease of maintaince and of our pool ,thank you for that --now as the new season is upon us i would like to know the best proceedure for opening as i plan on starting first part of may and would like to get my ducks in a row now ,as for now i plan on removing the cover, adding water ,changing filter sand and normal testing is there anything i should be looking for to make opening easier??
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince

2. Back To Top    #2
    It sounds like you have things well in hand. You probably don't need to change the sand. If you changed the sand after the conversion a year ago then there is no need to change it again for several years at least. Here are some notes on pool openning that you might want to read.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    One recommendation I would make is not to wait. By the first of May, I'd bet your pool will be green. 60 degrees is a good rule of thumb for opening.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the quick come-back looking fwd to a good pool season and a bunch of happy kids,thanks to this site thanks again
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince