Switch from my 3 year old Chlorine Geni

May 19, 2012
I'm going to switch from my 3 year old Chlorine Geni (it worked well about 1/2 the time I had it, and now is ready for the dump and would appreciate advice for a replacement. I have a large 40,000 gallon pool, in-ground, plaster, with a variable pump that runs mostly at low speed. I have a cartridge filter. I have an old pebble-concrete and wooden deck which I'd like to replace in a few years. This is in Sacramento which gets very hot some summers with lots of sun on the pool. Lots of leaves and tree droppings in spring and fall. Finally, I do travel and don't have a lot of time for maintenance. My concerns with the liquidator is that I don't want to be refilling it every week which -- for a pool my size -- concerns me.

The Liquidator isn't a good choice for your pool. You would need to refill it too frequently. You are going to need something like a peristaltic pump, IntelliChlor IC-60, or AutoPilot Digital with RC-52 or CC-15 cell.

The cutoff for the LQ to work well on a pool is about 20,000 gallons.
You have two problems. One is the physical size and the other is that you run your pump on low most of the time. Your suction head would most likely be low enough that you'd have a problem getting the LQ to feed enough to properly chlorinate the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.