Cyanuric Acid at bottom of pool

We do not recommend sprinkling it in the pool since it can take a long time to dissolve and it is acidic so it can discolor and damage the liner. If you have a vacuum, vacuum it into the filter, then do not backwash/clean the filter for a few days so it has time to dissolve. If you do not have a vacuum, then brush,brush,brush fairly often to keep it off of any one spot too long.

My preferred way of using cya is in an old sock hung in front of the pool return.

Sarahrip said:
Thank you. No vacuum, so we brushing it every 1 to 2 hours seems to be slowly dissolving . I will for sure be using your tip with the sock next time! Ty
You bet! Those intex ultra liners are pretty tough, so I think it is unlikely this will cause you any problems.

I wish the instructions on that CYA didn't tell you to broadcast it :hammer: This has happened many times to many people.

Aloha!

Here's one for you...even if you add the CYA to the skimmer, the granules can go through the skimmer basket and then down the secondary skimmer port that is often ported to the inside wall of a plaster pool. The granules can drizzle down from there to the bottom of the pool, and do damage. I now use a 1-1/4 inch male plug in the secondary port to keep it free of CYA, and make sure it has all gone to the pump basket before I remove that plug. :cheers:

Aloha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.