Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to add a new inlet/outlet to Intex 16x48 metal frame

1. Back To Top    #1

How to add a new inlet/outlet to Intex 16x48 metal frame

Hello all I am new to this site as of today,
    I saw a couple of posts about people asking how to or have already added a new water inlet/outlet to their pool. I did not however find any pictures and details on how this was done and if any leaks or rips issues. The above ground pool I am about to setup only as a in wall water trap and one water return inlet. I have bought the Intex salt system and the Intex 14in salt filter pump and that is why I would like to add another return. Any help, links to other forum boards or pictures of you addition would be very helpful.
    The person at the pool store thought I was crazy.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to add a new inlet/outlet to Intex 16x48 metal frame

Welcome to tfp, jmil3

You will find lots of useful intex related info, including answers to your questions above here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/usefu...rs-t29612.html
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP.

Linen gave you a good resource so I'll just say hi.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello! The pool store people are usually clueless as to how we do things around this site which is why this site rocks! That link above is the best bit of information to get you started! There are so many mods that can be done!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -