Salt in a non SWG pool

May 13, 2012
Up until this season, I always had a SWG. I loved the side benefit of the way the salt made the water feel. This year I am using the LQ. I also for the first time ever added borates to 50 ppm. It seems to be effectively preventing the white stuff in my LQ. But the water doesn't feel as nice on the skin as the salt pool did. Does anyone put in salt even though they don't have a SWG? Any problems having salt AND borates?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I have to wonder... Suppose I have a 3200 ppm salt concentration in a non-SWG pool. Would this mean I could employ the lower FAC levels of the SWG pool shown in the FAC/CYA chart? It is my understanding that the reason that salt pools need less chlorine is because the types of algae that are present in areas located far from the ocean coasts are not native to salt water, and therefore cannot thrive.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.