Polaris 9300? any info

Sep 30, 2011
So i am trying to decide between Polaris 9300 and a Aqubot T-Jet. 20x40 vinyl. Like the idea of the T-jet being able to get past drain covers and 2 micron filter and less moving parts. The 9300 gets some good reviews but some mention that the brush in front pretty much just stirs up dirt and it doesn't get sucked into bot. Will the 9300 go up a 90 degree angle from floor to wall? Leaning towards 9300 but if its spends 2 hours moving dirt around I will be really bummed out

We just bought the Polaris a month ago. So far I can't say that it's blowing my socks off with its cleaning ability. It gets stuck on the drain cover. It gets stuck on the steps. (We have a gunite pool with the rounded wedding cake style steps.) It doesnt seem to like the deep end too much. I am starting to wish we had just bought another pressure-side cleaner, but DH wanted to try a robot. The polaris does travel up the wall though. We have a 9 ft deep end and it will go all the way up, and brush the whole way up. That is one good thing about it.

I've had a Polaris 9300 for two seasons and it works great. I run it on both cycles each time I put it in the pool. It gets 98% of the material out of the pool and then I simply use a hand vacuum to get pieces it missed. It's easy to clean and store. Mine negotiates the entire pool but doesn't last long on any of the two shelves. Otherwise, no regrets here.

We just bought a house last month with a 40x20 (roughly) vinyl in ground pool and the previous owner left us a less then one year old Polaris 9300 sport. I just started using this thing a few days ago and am very impressed. I of course manually vacced the bottom first.

Someone mentioned about it stirring up fine dirt, I personally think it's best for collecting fine dirt/sand. It's the few large leaves that it sometimes misses. When I rinse out the filter (super quick and easy btw) I'm shocked how much fine dirt it has picked up. The water is crystal clear and I've never seen it kick up dust.

My dog also likes to watch this thing, especially as it pokes out above the water line.

Aside from the outrageous price tag, I can't see why anybody wouldn't get one

3'rd season with the 9300 - does a pretty good job, like a poster stated 98% debris get picked up with the 9300. Very easy to clean the filter and store the unit...Cleans my walls very well, climbs no problem, in both the deep, and shallow end....No problems at all with the unit ( knocks on wood )..

I have tried putting the robot in at different places along the sides of the pool. I now just put it in at the deepend to try to get it to clean there. Maybe that is the wrong thing to do, as someone suggested. What I find in the basket when I empty it is mostly a fine dirt, so that is one advantage it seems to have. I dont notice a stirring up of the dust as it cleans. I guess my problem is that I tend to believe that I shouldn't have to hand vaccuum after the robot runs it 's cycle, especially not for that amount of money. I never had to with my old pool cleaner, but we could only rebuild it or replace parts so many times before we wanted to try something new.

Bought the 9300 after coupon and rebate $610.00 which I think is a great deal. Have only used it once but impressed. It climbs like a beast, my 90 degree walls no problem, does not get stuck on main drain covers cord has not been an issue. I can see where people have an issue with it moving debris before it can pick it up but if you just let it do its thing it gets just about everything. Only thing left is reliability it has a 2 year warranty if it lasts 3 (think it should if not more) its worth it to me

Bought the 9300 after coupon and rebate $610.00 which I think is a great deal. Have only used it once but impressed. It climbs like a beast, my 90 degree walls no problem, does not get stuck on main drain covers cord has not been an issue. I can see where people have an issue with it moving debris before it can pick it up but if you just let it do its thing it gets just about everything. Only thing left is reliability it has a 2 year warranty if it lasts 3 (think it should if not more) its worth it to me

Hi Dave-Could you please tell me where you bought the 9300- if you ordered online and where you can find such a fantastic coupon? Sounds like just the deal I need to convince my husband to get one of these for our pool! :-D

Also TFP Friends: Do you think it would be weird for me to ask a neighbor who owns one of these to "test" their 9300 on my new pool to see if I actually like it? I know our neighbors share pressure washers, drills, saws, edgers, etc. from time to time and we are always happy to lend our things out but is it odd to borrow a pool vacuum? I never considered it until I read how some people have great success with the 9300 and others not nearly as great as an experience. I hate to spend $$$ on it to find it doesn't work well with my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Along the lines of what moppymo mentioned, I just borrowed my brother-in-laws 9300xi to give it a shot in my pool. He had raved about it so much, I told him it couldnt possibly be that good (I have no first hand experience with robots but have read the war stories about them, from price to warranty issues to poor performance)

I have to say, in my pool, it worked pretty darn well. The only knock I had against it was it seemed to be going a little too fast....almost like it was outrunning itself (those scrubbers up front spin so fast it looked like the vortex from them was stirring up dirt 3 or 4" in front of the bot). Unfortunately I dont think you can adjust the speed....I had it set on the long cycle, maybe thats why it made them spin more aggressively, I didnt have a chance to try a short cycle and see if it changed.

After using it, I was stunned. It made my fairly clean looking pool look disgusting based on the stuff I washed out of the filter. I can see now that there ARE good performing robots out there.

The only reason I havent jumped on getting one is this forum, actually. The Blue Diamond gets rave reviews, as does Water Techs customer service. The warranty is better (even taking into account the "cycle count" attached to the years), and since I have a sand filter, the BD filtering down to <5 microns would actually clear my water a bit. On the flip side, I literally cleaned the 9300xi out in 45 seconds. It took me longer to walk to my garden hose than to clean the thing. Thats impressive if you ask me. So Im all conflicted right now, but can tell you in my pool the 9300xi did an excellent job. Aside from the remote, it looks like the xi has different (more aggressive) scrubbers....not sure how much a difference that makes in real-world usage.

moppymo said:

Hi Dave-Could you please tell me where you bought the 9300- if you ordered online and where you can find such a fantastic coupon? Sounds like just the deal I need to convince my husband to get one of these for our pool! :-D

Also TFP Friends: Do you think it would be weird for me to ask a neighbor who owns one of these to "test" their 9300 on my new pool to see if I actually like it? I know our neighbors share pressure washers, drills, saws, edgers, etc. from time to time and we are always happy to lend our things out but is it odd to borrow a pool vacuum? I never considered it until I read how some people have great success with the 9300 and others not nearly as great as an experience. I hate to spend $$$ on it to find it doesn't work well with my pool.

I bought it at Pool Supply World. At the time they had it listed for 790.00. It's now listed for 899.00. Join their Facebook Page they are always offering some type of coupon I waited for a 10%.

I just picked up a 9300 for my vinyl pool and so far I am really impressed. I actually got it from Pool Supply World through their EBAY store for only $795 and it is $1099 on their website.
I have used it 3 times already on the long cycle and it seems to do great. Does a great job cleaning the water line on the walls and doesn't hang up on my floor drains.
The cleanup is the best part. It is so easy to open and clean out. Like said above, it takes longer to walk across the patio to my hose than to actually clean it.

Our PB wanted $1400 for a Polaris 380 installed. I'm so glad I went with the robot instead.

I always hear debate about if the robots pick up leaves okay. We had a good thunder storm in Georgia last night. Since the bottom of the pool was full of leaves I threw the 9300 in for a quick cycle to see how it would do.
Looks like it picked up leaves just fine!
4fec0ac2.jpg

We got the 9300xi (only difference is the remote, I think) just a month or two ago, and I couldn't be happier with it. We previously had a Jandy Ray Vac (water pressure driven). That was our only vac for 12 years and it mostly worked very well, but it was, shall we say, high maintenance and I had no idea how much sand it was missing until we got the 9300xi. Each cycle the 9300xi picks up a BUNCH of sand which I suspect has just drifted into the pool from our concrete deck over the years.

Count me among one of this vac's fans.

Bought the 9300 last year for a bigger pool and am very happy with it. It cleaned by 30K pool and my present 10K gal pool excellent results. It works best on fine sand/dirt and does not stir up the or cloudy the water. I bought the remote version and do not use it as the cleaning program works fine-so save yourself some money. It will get stuck on vertical ladder rungs but manages to untangle itself with out any action. HAve had no issues with the cleaner. I do take it out of the pool after each clean cycle and store it dry

Just one more thing about the 9300/9300xi...don't watch it. If you do, it'll drive you crazy and you'll be constantly saying "Why $*&@ is it doing THAT?" and you'll want to slap it silly. Just turn it on, walk away, and check out your nice, clean pool at the end of the cycle.

After another run with my Blue Diamond, Im initially slightly disappointed in the performance vs the 9300.

HOWEVER, Im still not convinced the 9300 was cleaning the pool as much as I thought.......I really still think it was kicking up enough stuff in its wake that the pool LOOKS clean because of the cleaner, but in reality whatever it kicked up is eventually picked up by suction from the filter. The BD is kicking up FAR less stuff than the 9300 did when I used it, so the pool may not look as perfectly clean, but I cant say 100% sure its because the 9330 actually CLEANED better, or just stirred the stuff up more.

Hi Everyone.
I just joined this site, read a little and it looks great. I'm new to the whole pool thing - we got into this house 2 years ago and the pool was there already. I saw a ton of posts on this 9300 and it looks great. My pool is a bit smaller, a 5,800 above ground oval shaped pool with a liner in it and with a deck built around it. The pool has a Hayward cartridge filter system and I just buy a new cartridge each year. Cartridge seems to work well. But the floor is a problem. When we first moved in I let the pool store sell me this gigantic hose vacuum thing to attach to the filter to suction everything off the floor (the salesman was probably delighted to see a newbie like me). Well, this contraption just swishes everything around so i have had it spending hours trying to clean it and getting zero results! :grrrr: I'm wondering for a pool my size 5,800 gallons, oval shaped, above ground with a liner in it and a cartridge filter system, I am thinking is a robot cleaner the best way to go? If so, what kind of robot shoud I buy for my type of pool? Thanks again, John (frustrated and seeking HELP!!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.