After shock process, is this much FC loss normal in 2 days??

ED-209

Apr 2, 2012
Florida Panhandle
Greetings fellow TFP'ers...

I just recently, Thursday morning, completed my 1st shock process and ended with a FC of 32.5 early that morning and figured I would be good for a while so out of curiosity I just did a test about an hour ago and my FC was at 12.5, so I lost 20 PPM of FC in 2 days, is this normal?

I think I've read some posts where higher FC levels do go down quicker but just wanted a sanity check if possible...

It's been around the upper 80's, low 90's these past 2 days, my pool is 15,500 gallons, my CYA is 60 and water temp is 86 degrees.

Thanks so much for the help and info.

Wishing clear pools to everyone :) (my attempt at a catchy line for this forum) :)

Re: After shock process, is this much FC loss normal in 2 da

Yep, that is normal. Assuming all else remains the same, you lose a fixed percentage of your starting FC level. Double the FC level and you lose twice as much each day.

Re: After shock process, is this much FC loss normal in 2 da

Whew, thanks Jason, puts my OCD mind to rest and makes me happy too as I thought I wouldn't be able to get the FC down below shock level by this weekend. Now I get to test out the pool with the new salt level of 1870, originally 370, to see how it is and if it feels better.

Thanks again for the help...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.