Thanks for the help and support! The liner is IN!

Thanks so much for the help and support over the past few weeks/months. About two weeks ago my son and I were able to install our new liner, and everything went SWIMMINGLY.

No leaks! We made a new gasket for the opening to the skimmer hole, which seems to be holding up just fine.

All we have left to do is purchase and install a new light fixture (we have the bracket for it screwed into the wall and just need to get the fixture).

I hope I don't have to do this again for quite a long time, but really, this was my first time doing this and it went much, much, much more easily than expected.

Thanks again, folks! Oh, here's a photo I just took:

pool_new_liner.jpg

Thanks all! Yes, it is clear all the way to the bottom. Sort of helps when you have to fill it from empty to full (took four days or so) and our town water is almost over-chlorinated to begin with (water from the faucet sometimes stinks a little...).

Vacuumed it for the first time today to get rid of the stray leaves at the bottom--everything is working great, and I think our 90 degree temps this weekend will get it up to swimmable (for me). The kids have been swimming all week. I dove in today after working a while in the yard and it was COLD. But I'm getting old too. I need about 8 more degrees. :)

That's a great question. I was always just told it was 28,000 gallons.

We have a separate meter outside our house for the hose that fills the pool--I'll let you know when I get my water bill in (checks the date) about a week what they have listed as the "water only" part of our bill (instead of "water plus sewer charges").

It'd be helpful to know if it is closer to 20,000 than 30,000 gallons, because I always use the latter when figuring out pH chemical changes, etc., etc., so having an accurate number will be fantastic! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.