haward comfortzone heater

May 25, 2012
My hayward comfortzone natural gas heater model cz250c1 will not light .I have the pilot light lite no problems there. When i jump across th terminals on the gas valve nothing. When i check the thermopile output i only get 190mv, The manual says 500mv but if it was bad would the pilot light work? Is it a bad gas valve or thermopile?

Thanks guys i'm going to try to get the lower burner section out today and clean the pilot tube out and clean up the thermopile . can i heat the thermopile with a torch when i have it out to test its output without damaging it.

update heater is working . I removed the bottom burner unit , removed the pilot light tubing and found the jet at the pilot end blocked with a cob web, cleaned the thermopile with sand paper and cleaned out the burners reassembled. Checked the thermopile output with the stronger pilot light and got 500mv. turned heater on and presto it fired right up. thanks guys

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.