I just bought our pool!
Ground is prepped.
Equipment at the ready!
Grandkids waiting in the wings. (nag, nag, nag)
My questions are:
1) thru the wall skimmer – where best to place this jewel? I don't mean height, I mean in relation to the intake (to the pump) and the return (back into pool). To which side of the original intake? It seems that if I put it between the original intake and the return that that would be too close together for proper circulation. Like they would work against each other.
2) What do you do with the original intake?
3) I've read on here to have the pool water between half full and just below point of install before installing the skimmer so that the wall is taut. Is this the general consensus?
4) I have the TF100. Should I take preliminary readings from the hose? Or should I wait until the pool is full to take that first test? I'm not sure if the huge surface area would affect the results so much, so quickly. I figured the chlorine would change from hose to pool because of the sunlight exposure during the fill time. But by enough to make a huge difference in what ever the pool calculator is going to tell me for that initial chlorine run to the store? Also, I'm excited to have the kit and want to play!
5) And this is a big one! I am coming up with 23 sheets of 4' x 8' insulation for a 28' diameter circle. I figured on 28' so I'd have a buffer zone around the 26' pool. Any math whizzes out there that are willing to double check my figure? I drew it all out on graph paper and I was somewhat amazed that it'd take that many. For once I'm hoping that I'm wrong about something. Tho sadly, I'm pretty sure it's accurate. This stuff is expensive in bulk!