Does my Diving Board need to be replaced?

lizm

May 3, 2012
Hello All!
We are newbies! We have a diving pool with what appears to be a very old diving board. It feels in great shape and handles the 'big boys' very well...but, we saw a couple of cracks on the underneath side of the board. (We would have never noticed...just happened to look). They are on the back end of the board....the end that is 'screwed' down...not the part you jump on. Anyhow, the cracks just seem to be on a the single layer and don't appear to be growing.
Do we need to bite the bullet and replace the board or are we okay?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! ;-)

Good point, JohnT ;-)

I've attached pics of the underneath side of our board. I welcome your feedback.

Thanks again! [attachment=0:ehs9ktbn]IMAG1111.jpg[/attachment:ehs9ktbn][attachment=1:ehs9ktbn]IMAG1110.jpg[/attachment:ehs9ktbn]
Liz

Attachments

• IMAG1110.jpg
    IMAG1110.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG1111.jpg
    IMAG1111.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 66
It looks like it needs to be replaced to me. The last thing you would want is have someone injured from a board that you knew was damaged to begin with. Those are not just cracks in the gel coat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.