Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP bottom rails..what keeps them together?

1. Back To Top    #1

Endicott NY

AGP bottom rails..what keeps them together?

What keeps the bottom rails together when putting up the wall?. I have not done this yet, but instructions just say when inserting the rails into the bottom plate, leave a 5/8 gap between the ends of the rails. I made 5/8 temporary spacers.. But the rails do not lock in, they just lay in the bracket. I'm going to use stakes on the outside, but seems like these would move all over the place with out locking together. Is it normal for the rails to just lay in the lower bracket? Maybe I'm just over thinking things...I just trying to cover everything.

21 10500 gal AGP 52' sides, haward 3/4 hp xl pump and earth filter ec50
    Using the bbb method. Tf-100 kit. My first pool so learning in progress!

2. Back To Top    #2

SW Wisconsin

Re: AGP bottom rails..what keeps them together?

the bottom plates hold them in place pretty well..but you are correct..they can move around..and this is good and bad at the same time....whe you put the wall'll like that there is some give i the bottom rail. but you'll hate it when it moves when you don't want it to. So just be careful and watch where your bottom rail seams meet in the plates, because they can and will move.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump