Trouble keeping my pool clean!

May 25, 2012
Hi! Im new to pool ownership, we have an inground pool with a vinyl liner, we have been vacuuming with a hose through the filter/skimmer thing. anyways it seems to hold the hose on good most of the time, but will not suck up the little dirt/debrie/sticks, etc. And after we vacuum and everything settles there is still sand on the bottom of my pool, it decreases some, but not a lot. How do i know if i have a hole in my hose, and when do i know its time to change the sand for the filter? PLEASE HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!! thank you :)

Consensus around here is that most never change their sand....no real reason to.

Make sure you're vacuuming to waste, and if you have a main drain, shut that off. You'll get 100% suction going through the vacuum hose, thus making it a TON easier to pick up the small stuff.

If you had a hole in the vacuum hose, you'd no doubt hear it.

Thank You for the tips, my pump basket often has air in it, but not for a long period of time. Also my hose just cracked at the connector piece, it is an old hose anyways. Hopefully I will get to vacuuming again this week. :)

I was finally able to vacuum yesterday! My filter was completly clogged, I was able to shut off the main drain and vacuum to waste, it was the most pleasant vacuum experience I've ever had!! Only problem was water got too low but now its filled back up and pool is sparkling! yay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.