Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trouble keeping my pool clean!

1. Back To Top    #1

Trouble keeping my pool clean!

Hi! Im new to pool ownership, we have an inground pool with a vinyl liner, we have been vacuuming with a hose through the filter/skimmer thing. anyways it seems to hold the hose on good most of the time, but will not suck up the little dirt/debrie/sticks, etc. And after we vacuum and everything settles there is still sand on the bottom of my pool, it decreases some, but not a lot. How do i know if i have a hole in my hose, and when do i know its time to change the sand for the filter? PLEASE HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!! thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trouble keeping my pool clean!

Consensus around here is that most never change their real reason to.

Make sure you're vacuuming to waste, and if you have a main drain, shut that off. You'll get 100% suction going through the vacuum hose, thus making it a TON easier to pick up the small stuff.

If you had a hole in the vacuum hose, you'd no doubt hear it.
    Kansas City, MO
    13500 gallon Foxx vinyl sport pool--inground (1988)
    Cristal-Flo sand filter
    Ray-Pak 406A digital
    1.5 HP single speed
    400 gallon Heldor inground spa, octagon

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

When you vacuum, have someone look to see if the pump basket lid is staying full of water or if it has air in it. report back.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank You for the tips, my pump basket often has air in it, but not for a long period of time. Also my hose just cracked at the connector piece, it is an old hose anyways. Hopefully I will get to vacuuming again this week.

5. Back To Top    #5

I was finally able to vacuum yesterday! My filter was completly clogged, I was able to shut off the main drain and vacuum to waste, it was the most pleasant vacuum experience I've ever had!! Only problem was water got too low but now its filled back up and pool is sparkling! yay