Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: any transporting rules for bleach?

1. Back To Top    #1

any transporting rules for bleach?

hello

I'm curious if there is a limit to the amount of bleach you can personally transport in your vehicle?

I need to do some shocking and will require lots...

I'm in orillia, ontario, canada
    Approx 74,000 liter inground vinyl pool 12x32, laser 225 sand filter, Hayward 2 speed pump + old pool heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: any transporting rules for bleach?

I can't tell you about Canada, but in the U.S. it is exempted from Hazmat regulation as a consumer commodity. (at least for 6%), for 12% it is a gray area, at worst it would require carrying hazmat paperwork that identifies the substance, and a limit of under 1,000 pounds for drivers without a CDL with Hazmat endorcement.

Ike

p.s. my family has a janitorial and cleaning supply business, so I have a fair amount of exposure to this type of question
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

One time I bought 20 96 oz bottles of bleach and trasnported them from the store to home and no one said anything.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Same here. I had 17 182oz jugs of bleach and 12 gallons of liquid chlorine in my truck a few days ago. SHOCKING SUCKS BTW.
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I just wanted to add that people should cosider safety, not just legallity when transporting bleach or liquid chlorine. You would want it secured in an area seperate from the passenger compartment, as I am sure getting soaked with gallons of bleach in the event of an accident would not be pleasant to say the least.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

None..The only safety hazard is handling it..Watch the splash-up when you are pouring in...Make sure you wash yourself off..Had some bleach 6% splash up in my face around my mouth..Burn'd a spot on my lip..Had to go to the skin doctor to have it taken care of .
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit