Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Autofill Dirty??

1. Back To Top    #1

Orange, TX

Water Autofill Dirty??

Is it common for the water in the autofill float area to be dirty? I pulled the cover off just recently and the water was not very clean. I suspect over the winter the water was stagnat for a long time as the filling was not required. Not that summer is here the autofill will be filling the pool on a more regular basis. I poured some bleach in around the float to try and clean up the water. Don't really want that nasty water getting into the pool. Although maybe this is just the water for the float that opens the pressure valve & would never enter the pool anyway, but I'm not quite positive about that. Any Comments???

20,500 gallon free form, 6X9 hot tub w/ spillover, 18" jumping platform w/ 3ft shear descent on chopped rock, Travertine coping, 2.5HP Hayward 2-speed filter pump, 525 Hayward Cartridge filter, 350K BTU Hayward NG Heater, 2HP Hayward water feature pump, Satin Matrix Northshore Carribbean, Jandy PDS-8 Controls

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Water Autofill Dirty??

Mine's always a little grungy, but I've never worried about it. The amount of water is maybe a couple gallons compared to your 20,000 gallon pool, so it won't be an issue!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden