Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Intex and summer escapes pools?

Intex and summer escapes pools?

Well I see my local walmart dropped intex and now sells nothing but summer escape pools.

Last year I remember looking into the summer escapes and the reviews where all bad so that leads me to wonder why they are in stock at my walmart.

Also anyone know if Summer escapes and intex are the same brand just different names?

To me the summer escape pools look cheaply made but maybe im wrong.

I just hope summer escapes does not give intex pools a bad name with poor quality.

I noticed the 15x4 SE is 279$ at the same walmart I paid 399ish for my 15x4 Intex.
    Intex Ultra frame 16x48
    Intex 1600GPH Sand Filter
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

Re: Intex and summer escapes pools?

You might see if you can order an Intex in, maybe they don't stock them but are willing to "ship to store" for you.
    22'x52" AG Ultra Frame Intex - 12,500 gal (47K liter)
    Manual Liquid Chlorine - 1HP 100# Hayward sand filter
    Lots of sun, trees, pollen & wind - 50ppm Borates
    4nd season grateful TFP fan

Quote Originally Posted by poolnew-b
    ... the 15x4 SE is 279$ at the same walmart I paid 399ish for my 15x4 Intex.
    I think that may be your answer. That was my first thought.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

The liner on our summer escapes seems thicker than our old reg Intex liner was. Of course it's the pro series summer escapes so I don't know if there is a difference there.
    18' Summer Escapes ProSeries - 7600gal - Hayward 1hp pump w/18" sand filter - AquaTrol SWG -

I have a summer escapes ring pool and think the liner is pretty good. The pump was junk but so is the one that comes with most intex. The plumbing parts for the ring is cheaper made but is not too bad. I take mine down every winter but my neighbor does not. His looks a little bit more sun faded and both of our rings still holds air. I will say trying to order parts suck for the summer escapes. I broke my outlet piece and had to call and was on hold for 45 minutes. No website to order. I am thinking of switching to the intex inlet and outlet or trying to rig a real pool inlet and outlet up.
    12"x33" Summer Escapes AG Ring Quick set 1590 Gallons (Gift for my son by Grand-parents)
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 633 2500 GPH "B" Cartridge