LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm trying to find information on my pump, Flow rate on low speed compared to high speed and can not seem to find any info on the net ? Trying to figure out how many hours a day on low speed I need to run my pump to turn my pool volume over at least once per day ? I've read somewhere on here you should at least turn it over 1 time per day :?

2012-04-25_10-24-48_145.jpg

From pentair's website here is a link to the challenger's flow curves: http://www.pentairpool.com/images/p...allengerHighFlow/ChallengerHFlowCurve_new.jpg I think yours is curve C.

The only way to know what your head loss is acuratly is to know most of your plumbing details. But if we assume a fairly lossy 50 feet of head loss, then your flow rate on high is somewhere around 77 gpm. On low you flow will be approximatly half of that, or ~39 gpm (or maybe just a little higher due to less head loss in the plumbing), but your power consumption will be 1/4 of full speed.

So, approximately 21600/39gpm/60= 9.2 hours to turn over once on low speed.

So, approximately 21600/39gpm/60= 9.2 hours to turn over once on low speed.

Thanks Linen, I was planning on running my pump at low speed at 2 separate 6hr times per day and dial in my peristaltic pump for that time span and injection rate to maintain my proper FC levels, so it looks like I should be good with that pump run time for turn over rate :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.