Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner/Coping Cleaning ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner/Coping Cleaning ?

Any good tips out there on what works best with cleaning/restoring a neglected upper liner area where it attaches to the wall just below the coping and down from there to the water level ? Also, I would imagine when it comes time to replace the liner that is when the metal coping gets repainted,or is there a good way to clean the coping up as well prior to liner replacement?
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner/Coping Cleaning ?

I am new at this but I had to do a lot to our pool as the former owners didn't keep it up very well. I've used a product called "off the wall" and that works very well and doesn't mess with the pool's chemistry. I've also used a magic eraser very lightly on the stairs to remove the water line as well ad it cleaned it effortlessly, but I am not sure what that is made of so I don't go crazy with it.
    18x36 in ground (24,000 gal) vinyl liner
    Hayward super pump 1.4hp, Pentair IC40 salt generator
    Hayward sand filter, Polaris 380 (3/4hp Hayward booster pump), Pentair Intellibrite Color

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Liner/Coping Cleaning ?

I've used the Magic Eraser to clean the top of the pool and the fiberglass steps and buddy seats - doesn't bother the pool chemicals at all.
    10,000 gallon inground vinyl FOXX pool - built in 1999. Hayward sand filter. 3/4 HP 2-speed pump with timer. Hayward Aquarite SWG t-3 cell. Love the BBB method - pool has never looked better!