Pool Test Kits

Jun 7, 2010
I have a Taylor K-2005 test kit so am not familiar with the FAS-DPD titrating reagent - can someone explain to me what this test actually does and can I buy the reagent R-0871 and use it with my current Taylor kit?

The FAS-DPD chlorine test measures FC and CC levels up to 50 in uniform steps of 0.5. To use it you need to get R-0870 and R-0871. I suggest you get a complete FAS-DPD add on kit, instead of just the two reagents, which is easy to find on the Internet. That will give you the instructions, a tiny spoon you need, as well as a spare test vial.

This is my first recomendation for the TF-100.

It comes with easy to understand instructions, and it is also an easy way to drive the golf cart out to the pool (for me) and knock back a few cold IPA's while performing tests. THe best part is that you know the numbers are meaningful and you can share them here and get immediate feedback!

For my pool it was a Kawasaki Mule that ended up in the shallow end, which was particularly impressive not only because the pool is indoors, but because the front bumper cleared the french door frame by less than an inch. :)

Getting it out though did not involve a TF-100 in any way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.